Image

Image

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lesson Learnt From A Competition

I used to take part in some of the competition after I started my nursery last year.
So coincident that I always bring back trophy/medal. Some is because I / we win, like the choir competition. Some is due to all the participant will get the medal, like Sports Day.
Therefore, I didn't know that there are loser in a competition. I also didn't know that there are judges that decided the result.

Last Saturday I took part in a Charity Children Coloring Contest 2010 in Penang Times Square.
Mommy knows that I'm not good in coloring and I'm not really interested in coloring as well.
At home, I always can't finish the whole page of coloring book and mommy said I'm lazy. Some how, she allowed me to participate for fun.


Waiting for the contest to start. 弟弟 was there, looks like he wants to color as well.


We need to finish this drawing in 1 hour time.


Coloring hard...


Finally, it's done. I let the sky to be blank as it's white sky. But teacher ask why I didn't finish the drawing?
Mommy told teacher it's white sky and no need to put color :p


I think mommy knew what will happened after the contest. She kept on telling me if my coloring is not nice, no trophy will be given. But I told mommy my coloring is nice, I colored 美美 already.

When teacher announced the results, I didn't hear my name.
I asked to mommy why it took so long, mommy told me finished already and I didn't get the trophy. By then....my eyes started to become red and my tears dropped....I cried all the way home. I kept on telling mommy:"mommy, I want trophy" on the way home.

Mommy tried to explain that my coloring is not as good as the winner, therefore I didn't get any prize.
Mommy asked me to color better next time, practice more at home....but I still can't stopped crying and I think mommy got angry and she told me she won't let me take part in any others contest to avoid this kind of situation.

Finally I got no choice and stopped crying by the time we reached home. But I still told mommy:"mommy, I stopped crying already. I want trophy" *LOL*

Mommy tried to distract me and she said she will teach me how to color.
We tried on a coloring book and I followed how mommy color. This time I got a better skill : )
Then I told mommy:"mommy, nobody teach me how to color. You didn't teach me previously"
Ya, mommy said she never taught me as she herself also very poor in art.

Now I understand that not every contest will get prize.
There are "lose & win" in a contest.


No comments: