Image

Image

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Interview & Test

Today I woke up at 6am as mommy said we must got to Nibong Tebal for an interview & test.
This is because I applied for early entry to Standard 1.
All the kids whose birthday from 2 to 15 Jan are allow to go for early entry but need to go for a test & interview which normally held on Sept/Oct every year. This year SK Saujana Indah at Nibong Tebal is the host for the interview.

SK Saujana Indah, Nibong Tebal


We were there about 8:10am though the time for interview mentioned in the letter is 9am. We went there early as don't want to trap in traffic jam especially it's morning working hour.

Still early, not many people yet.

After the speech by the officer from Jabatan Pelajaran Negeri, we were asked to line up and go to the classroom at Level 4 for the interview & test.
The officer mentioned that there will be 3 types of test: Writing, reading & drawing. That's the reason we were asked to bring stationery and color pencil along.
Parents are not allow to follow us to the classroom, not even outside the classroom.
All the parents are required to stay at the waiting area which is at the ground floor.

Line up...ready to go...the teacher told the parents it will take 1.5hr for the test & interview.

We all went up to the classroom at 9:30am but I only came down at 12:30pm :(
Why? I told mommy teacher called my name so late. I wait for so long. I think I was the last 5 as when I came down, only few parents is there waiting for their kid.

At first, we took the test for Malay, English & Chinese. Then we wait for teacher to call us for the interview or oral test, also in 3 languages.

I told mommy English I am ok, Malay some know how to answer, some don't know.
Chinese also same as Malay :p

Mommy tried to ask me what are those questions for test and interview. But I can't remember all, below are some questions that I able to recall.

1) Malay - rearrange the sentences like:
Ini cincin kakak
Baju Emak cantik
Bapa suka sambal
oops, I read as "sampah" and I told mommy "suka" is like, why papa like rubbish? therefore, I arranged in wrong sequence.

2) Given a picture on the growth of a frog, from egg(frogspawn) --> tadpole --> young frog with tail --> adult frog
We were asked to put number in proper sequence to indicate the correct life cycle of the frog.

3) Coloring - 黄色的香蕉...I just able to remember this.

4) Chinese - 笔画, 哥 = 几画?

For oral test, I was asked to read in Malay, Mandarin and English.
I told mommy some chinese word I don't know, I skipped :p
For Malay, one know one don't know...I think mommy don't understand what I meant.

We will get informed about the result in the mid of Dec.
However, after listened to all my feedback, mommy said she needs to find a kindergarten for me for next year.


1 comment:

姐姐,哥哥 and 弟弟 said...

Oh wow... it sounds so hard. Looks like they purposely give such difficult questions as the first few months in standard one not so difficult scope.