Image

Image

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sibling Jealousy?

[Posted by mommy]

All this started on a day before I resume my work on 1-Jul after 2 months maternity off.

On 30-Jun, Thung cried when hubby wanted to leave after dropped her to nursery.
This is strange as she has been going to nursery for half a year and we only faced this problem during the first few weeks of her nursery. All the while she is ok and will said "bye-bye" to us when we want to go.

I was stay at home taking care of JH. Hubby called me and told me about this incident. After half an hour, hubby called again and said teacher called him because Thung vomited in school. I knew Thung was fine on that day, no sick, no fever. I believed she vomit was due to crying too hard. However, I still let hubby bring her back.

Start from that day onwards Thung used to cry every morning when we want to leave. Teacher also doesn't understand why she suddenly behave like that. Teacher told me she will just cried for a while, before teacher start the class she is back to normal.

We try to figure out what went wrong with her or is there anything happen in school that make her scared? But there is no answer till today. I tried to ask her the reason of crying but she refused to tell me. She just said "I want mommy".

There are few possibilities:
1) She is jealous of her brother as nowadays we all put more attention on JH.
2) She do this in purpose to get our attention, to let me stay longer with her.
3) Something happened in school (ex: teacher scold her, beat her?...etc)

Meanwhile, I've tried so many ways to persuade her not to cry when I'm about to leave. But all failed!
1) Give her favorite sweets when she wants to start crying --> Failed (after eat the sweets, cry also)
2) Prepare some snack and let her share with her friend (try to distract her) --> Failed.
3) Ask Ah Mah to bring her to school as she will listen to Ah Mah --> Failed (even worst)
4) Bring her back at night so that she will get more times to spend with me --> Failed (at night told me won't cry, the next morning do the same thing again)

Now I've no idea what happen to her and how to settle (any suggestion?). Hopefully this is really due to sibling jealousy(nothing bad happened in school) and it will over soon. May be she just need more times.

1 comment:

姐姐,哥哥 and 弟弟 said...

I think she feel insecure and just want to confirm everyone love her with the addition of bb to the family. My girl was like this esp during school holidays, but she grow out of it after some time. I keep telling her 弟弟 will go to school too when he grow up like her, and she finally believed it when they go to school together. However when 弟弟 is sick and need more attention, she started again. So I think it's just the way of life for siblings.